Is your makeup causing dry skin on your face?
A study shows that on average 5 pounds of chemicals a year are absorbed by skin. Many of those chemicals come from cosmetics. Ingredients in makeup can be drying and damaging to skin, even leading to premature aging. To avoid dry skin on your face use a shielding lotion that will block chemicals and irritants from being absorbed by delicate facial skin.
Don’t use the wrong dry skin face lotion or facial wash
Dry skin on the face can be embarrassing and hard to handle. Using the wrong dry skin face lotion can leave skin looking oily and even cause dryness to worsen. Skin MD Natural is a lightweight, greaseless lotion that is quickly absorbed to provide silky smooth moisture for all skin types. Avoid dry skin face washes with chemicals; instead select a dry skin face wash that is gentle and moisturizing. Look for one that features natural ingredients over harsh chemical additives. After washing avoid rubbing dry with a towel; instead pat skin dry with a soft cloth to avoid irritation.
“I have used Skin MD Natural mostly on the face and hands for a couple months. I have a dry/sensitive skin type. The lotion works great for me. The texture is between a gel and a cream. It is very lightweight and easy to apply. After I apply the lotion, it got absorbed quickly but I don’t feel greasy or sticky residue on my skin. I like the way it gives my face hydration without turning it oily like a shiny ‘light bulb’.”
Dry skin face fixes
- Cleanse with a natural facial wash. Avoid dry skin face washes that contain damaging ingredients like alcohol, propylene glycol or mineral oil.
- Tone skin with a chemical-free and alcohol-free toner.
- Exfoliate with a mild natural scrub to rid skin of excess dead skin cells.
- Use a natural moisturizing mask try the strawberry mask recipe below.
- Apply Skin MD Natural Shielding Lotion to moisturize and protect.
This mask will deep cleanse and moisturize:
- Mash 4 strawberries in a small bowl.
- Add 2 teaspoons of heavy cream, 1 teaspoon of honey, and mix well.
- Apply the mixture onto your face, and leave on for 15 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry.