2020 has been an eventful year to say the least. With Halloween coming up this week that means it’s basically Thanksgiving, and then before you know it, it is going to be Christmas. So, why not start planning ahead and get a resolutions list going for the New Year?
When you think of making a New Year’s resolutions list for your skincare, it is not just about “skincare,” it has to start with yourself; a little self-care.
- Exercise – I know, I know – it is always on everyone’s list. Start off by walking around the block. You do not have to go get a gym membership, there are so many little at-home workouts that you can do without any gym equipment. So, go get those steps in!
- Stay Hydrated – Drink as much H20 as possible! Truthfully, it is the best thing for your skin. Men are supposed to drink around 101 ounces of water a day, which is a little under 13 cups and women are supposed to drink 74 ounces, which is a little over 9 cups. Put down the soda and put a lemon in your water, make it fancy!
- Diet – The food you put in your body needs to be clean and fresh. Of course, a cheat meal every now and then is fine but try to eat clean. A poor diet can cause greasy skin which then leads to breakouts and puffy skin. Do not limit yourself - just eat everything in moderation.
- Sleep – Try to get at least 8 hours of sleep a night. No one wants dark circles! Also a pro tip – wash your pillowcases at least once a week - dirt builds up very quickly on your pillowcases - and dirt will cause acne.
- Wash Your Face – This might be a no-brainer to some people. But for those who are up late and already in bed, you probably do not want to get up and go back to the bathroom. Just do it - you will feel so refreshed and accomplished. Going to bed with a fresh, clean face is so soothing. Always moisturize your skin after you wash your face as well, check out Skin MD Natural Shielding Lotion https://www.skinmdnatural.com. And always remember, never sleep with makeup on – a major no-no.
- Purge It All Out – Look through your makeup and skincare products and check those expirations dates and get rid of old products. I promise you will be surprised at the amount of old products you are using. I know it is hard to throw away something that you spent your hard-earned money on but do you really want another pimple to pop up on a Friday night?
I know the list above sounds familiar, but it is always a good reminder of what is helpful to kick start a New Year! Do not put too much pressure on yourself. Start off easy and once you get your rhythm going, you can add more steps to your list and you can improve your skin one step at a time.