Hidden household chemicals
Protect skin from hidden chemicals in your home
Many of the products created to make cleaning easier are full of hidden chemicals that could be drying or damaging your skin. Protecting skin from these hidden chemicals is easy with Skin MD Natural Shielding Lotion. Skin MD Natural bonds to the outer layer of skin, creating an invisible barrier between you and hidden chemicals and toxins. Chemicals hiding in your favorite cleaning products can wreak havoc on skin, leading to serious conditions like contact dermatitis, and may increase the occurrence of eczema outbreaks. Using Skin MD Natural before cleaning will ensure that your hands are kept soft.
Chemicals are present in almost everything we use today, including many daily household items. Products designed to keep a clean house could be hurting your health and the health of your skin. Using a shielding lotion before handling any of the products below can decrease your risk of skin irritation.
- Laundry detergents contain enzymes that break down stains and loosen dirt labeled as cationic or anionic. Detergents can cause a number of health problems if ingested internally, including coma. When laundry detergents come into contact with skin they can cause irritation or increase sensitivity to other chemicals.
- All-purpose spray cleaners often contain detergents, solvents, disinfectants and other ingredients designed to cut through grease and leave appliances shining. These ingredients are extremely dangerous if ingested and can be poisonous. Spray cleaners can leave your skin, eyes, nose and throat all with an irritated, burning feeling.
- Window cleaners contain ammonia and isopropanol as a basic ingredient and can cause severe irritation to the skin, eyes, nose, and throat. Ingestion may lead to unconsciousness and possibly death.
- Dish soap designed for both hand and machine washing commonly contain phosphate as a main ingredient. Dish soaps made for machine washing are more toxic and can cause skin irritation and even burns. Soaps used for hand washing dishes are usually milder, but still contain ingredients that break down the skin barrier and strip skin of moisture.
- Anti-bacterial cleaners usually contain some type of pesticide that can burn the skin and throat while causing irritation to the eyes.
- Furniture polishes made for wood can contain petroleum distillates, ammonia, or phenol. All of these ingredients can cause irritation to the skin, eyes, throat, and lungs.
Eco Friendly, Cruelty Free and Vegan Skin Care
Skin MD Natural and Skin MD Natural + SPF 15 are manufactured in the United States using 100% solar power, free of animal products and animal testing.