Winter skin care
Winter skin care for dry skin prevention
Winter can be especially hard on skin. The combination of harsh weather and indoor heating can leave your skin a dry, flaky mess. When we use heaters to warm our cars, homes and office buildings, it strips the air of humidity causing dry, itchy skin. Windy, cold air can further dry and chap skin leaving it sensitive and irritated. When our skin lacks moisture fine lines and wrinkles can appear deeper and more pronounced. A good winter skin care routine will keep skin hydrated and protected to prevent the itch of winter dry skin. Skin MD Natural Shielding Lotion provides unbeatable hydration that helps keep your natural oils from being stripped away from skin by strengthening the skins natural protective barrier.
Winter skin care advice for silky skin
To protect against dry skin try following these winter skin care tips.
- Drink plenty of water: Replenishing your body with water gives you more energy, benefits your overall health, and will also help keep your skin from becoming dehydrated. You goal should be at least eight glasses (at about 8 oz each) a day.
- Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! Apply Skin MD Natural Shielding Lotion after you shower or bathe and reapply to hands and face during the day if your skin feels dry again. A shielding lotion bonds with the outer layer of skin to form a protective layer. You will get excellent moisture and protection this winter season!
- Exfoliate: Keep a gentle body scrub and a less abrasive facial exfoliant in the shower and remember to use them both once or twice a week. This gets rid of built-up dead skin cells and exposes a fresh layer of skin, ready to suck up all the moisturizer you're going to apply when you step out of the tub.
- Avoid too many hot showers: Hot showers are harsh on the skin, further drying and irritating the skin. Make showers short and use warm water that isn't too hot.
- Use sun block for skin and lip balm for lips - Just because the sun isn't shining as bright or as often as it did during the summer doesn't mean it won't still burn your skin. Apply a sun block, preferably SPF 15 or higher, daily.
Winter skin care recipes
These winter skin care recipes featuring pumpkin will have your skin feeling silky smooth when used with Skin MD Natural Shielding Lotion.
Pumpkin scrub/cleanser -
- Gently rub the following mixture on your face:
- 1/4 cup of mashed pumpkin
- 1/4 cup of yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon of finely ground pumpkin seeds
- Wash off thoroughly with warm water.
Pumpkin papaya masque -
- Puree in a blender:
- 1 ripe papaya, peeled and seeded
- 1 cup of mashed pumpkin
- 1 egg white, whipped into a meringue
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Smooth the puree on your face and neck, leave it on for 10 or 15 minutes, and wash off with warm water. If you'd like to apply this as an all-over body skin treatment you can substitute the papaya and egg white with yogurt.
Eco Friendly, Cruelty Free and Vegan Skin Care
Skin MD Natural and Skin MD Natural + SPF 15 are manufactured in the United States using 100% solar power, free of animal products and animal testing.