Spring skin care
Spring skin care is a must for soft skin
Seasonal skin care during spring is especially important. For the next several months more of your skin will be seen than at any other time of year! Try these great spring skin care tips and recipes for healthy, beautiful skin.
- Use Skin MD Natural Shielding Lotion for non-greasy and lightweight moisture that lasts. You don't want a heavy spring skin care lotion that will cause oiliness and breakouts.
- Use a gentle exfoliating scrub to help slough off dead skin cells and reveal brighter, healthier skin.
- Remember that during any season natural skin care products are always a better choice.
- Get your feet ready for sandals with a great pedicure. It's easy to do one at home with a homemade soak. Then use your favorite polish and Skin MD Natural for soft feet.
- Protect your skin from sun exposure and premature aging with Skin MD Natural + SPF 15.
- Clean out your skin care product and cosmetics drawers. Check the expiration dates – they don't last forever. If there's no date on that favorite lipstick or eye shadow and they're older than 6 months, it's time to replace them. Try to replace each with a skin care product that contains natural, healthy ingredients.
Natural spring skin care recipes
An important step in any spring skin care routine is exfoliation. Using an exfoliating scrub will help eliminate rough skin left over from winter. Grapefruit is a common ingredient in body scrubs, but most manufacturers often use grapefruit oil instead of the actual fruit. Instead, give this homemade recipe perfect for spring skin care a try:
Combine the following in a blender:
- 1/2 grapefruit, skin and all
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of sea salt for detoxification
- 1/2 cup of olive or coconut oil
Massage the mixture onto your body using circular motions towards the heart. Leave the scrub on for a few minutes to let it absorb a little, rinse off thoroughly with warm water, then do a quick rinse with cold water to increase circulation.
We can't forget about spring skin care for our feet. Don't let rough, cracked feet keep you from wearing your favorite sandals. Make your own natural foot soak and do an at home pedicure following these easy tips:
- Common ingredients for a foot bath sachet are burdock, comfrey, lavender, rosemary, hops, calamus, birch, calendula, nettle, heather, pine, coltsfoot, chamomile and peppermint. Make an infusion by soaking the herbs in a basin of warm water then soaking your feet.
- After soaking feet towel dry and use a pumice stone to remove any rough patches.
- Neatly trim and file nails.
- Apply your favorite polish followed by a top coat.
Eco Friendly, Cruelty Free and Vegan Skin Care
Skin MD Natural and Skin MD Natural + SPF 15 are manufactured in the United States using 100% solar power, free of animal products and animal testing.